The Sound to Harbor Early Learning Programs Head Start centers will be closed from March 16 to April 24, to align with school districts. This closure may be extended if school district closures are extended.
Head Start services will continue with home delivery of lunch for children and educational packets. Teaching staff will connect with families to follow up on the educational packets and to check in on family service and health needs. These services should begin the week of March 23.
If you have questions, please contact your center director. If there is no reply, please contact Daniella at 360-464-6830.
Sound to Harbor Early Learning Programs values the health and well-being of our students, staff, and families. We are working with local, state, and national health agencies on prevention and district management in the event a COVID-19 outbreak in our community. We are sticking to the facts, using the Washington State Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as primary sources of information. We will follow county local health jurisdiction guidance as is becomes available.
To help prevent the spread of illness, we ask that you:
- Not bring your child to school if they do not feel well or have cold- or flu-like symptoms (elevated temperature, fever, cough, shortness of breath). Please keep your child at home for another 3 days, after the fever is gone.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds. Hand-sanitizing products with at least 60% alcohol are a good second choice.
- Sneeze and cough into a tissue, elbow, or sleeve instead of your hands. Put used tissues in a garbage container immediately after use. If you use your hands to cover a sneeze or cough, wash your hands immediately with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold- or flu-like symptoms.
If you have questions, please call the Washington State Department of Health at 800-525-0127 and press #.